Hopkins Repair LLC is growing and looking to hire more team members.
We are currently searching for a Level A tech with minimum experience of 2 years. Individual must have ASE’s or be willing to obtain, own their own tools, and have the ability to maintain a clean workspace and a professional appearance.
We are also searching for an entry level tech. Individual must have basic automotive knowledge and a willingness to learn. Tools will be provided if needed, and paid training and/or apprenticeship is available.
Come work in a clean, climate controlled facility where we work Monday – Friday and take pride in the jobs performed.
Contact Scott Hopkins at 260-251-0459.
Job Description: Automotive Technician Level A
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with the engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and similar systems based on customer requests and/or concerns
- Testing to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Following a checklist in ensuring that, they examine each critical part of the vehicle.
- Watching or inspecting parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Using power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Using machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Using common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Entering Diagnostic notes in POS
- Communicating directly with the Service Advisor regarding repairs needed
- Examining a vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Assisting with tire service/LOF service during high volume times
- Road test vehicles when needed
- Keep a professional appearance
- Keeping a clean and tidy workstation throughout the day
- Participate in the development and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Maintain ASE Certifications and keep current
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Manual dexterity and enough strength and flexibility to work in uncomfortable positions for long periods of time
- Advanced knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment